“What a small world,” as the saying goes and it’s only getting smaller. There are always going to be reasons not to go off and see it, you’ve got work, responsibilities and a life after all. How can you be expected to simply pack up and go at your leisure? Yet, now in the age of technology Wi-Fi is you’re new best friend now. Shifting your career towards a flexible schedule, or better, to travel full-time for work should be the goal, even if it’s a staycation. For those that need a list of reasons why, here are twenty of them to travel full-time for work and play.
1. Seeing the world has always been a popular idea, there’s just so much out there.
2. With so few things needed now to stay connected with your business, your work environment can be whatever and wherever you want.
3. You want to go? Go! Put that bucket list to good use. You’ll never be bored if you’re constantly moving and checking off all those items.
4. The world is filling up fast, there are seven billion people just waiting to make your acquaintance. Maybe even be your new friend?
5. Language diversity has become an important resume booster in recent years. Seeing the world and immersing yourself in the multitude of cultures and dialects out there is sure to gain you a point or two, both at work and on your bucket list.
Photo courtesy | 7WD
6. There are so many mantras out there yelling at you to get out of your comfort zone. Leaving your desk job behind to join the jet-setting crowd, bungee jumping off a bridge, trying an authentic cuisine you can’t pronounce are good ways to start.
7. Obviously when it comes to leaving your comfort zone you’re going to get to try new things. That’s what traveling is all about!
8. Never living in the same place twice means never getting bored. The routines you create will change from place to place.
9. When you finally decide to go home, whether it’s just for a visit or permanently, you know friends and family are going to want some details. Man, are you going to have some stories to tell.
10. Traveling for most people means money, and lots of it. The beautiful thing about constant travel is, you’re not paying for a mortgage, or a car. Saving money in different ways has never been so fun!
Photo courtesy | Richard Walker
11. If it wasn’t obvious to you by now, travel means freedom. Traveling full-time? That means doing whatever you want to do.
12. Another key thing to note when taking this leap is recognizing that by leaving everything behind is you’re not going to be tied down by things you used to be. The less pulling you back, the more you’re going to try and experience once you’re abroad.
13. Try and do the things you love, the things you’ve always wanted to do. It’s such a simple thing, but putting it into practice is another thing entirely. Roaming the globe for work and play means you’ve got plenty of time to decide what you like…and what you don’t like.
14. You want to go to Spain? So… go! Not a fan of the beach? Well then find someplace cold. The world is so interconnected it’s so easy to forget that we can really go wherever we want to go.
15. Working in an environment you created basically ensures your creative juices are going to be flowing constantly. Creativity equals productivity.
Photo courtesy | Jaume Escofet
16. Remember how we were talking about leaving things behind and saving money? Well, going abroad full time guarantees you’ll soon discover what really matters in life.
17. Take this opportunity to find yourself, and all the clichés that that statement implies! Learn all you can about yourself!
18. By making this change in lifestyle the decision between work and play just got a whole lot easier.
19. Take this new business venture or lifestyle change as an opportunity to make your own hours. That means when you’re not working, you’re having fun the rest of the time!
20. Now is the best time – just go!